Dear friends and family of Santa Cruz Post Acute residents,
We’re pleased to announce you can now stop by unscheduled to visit your loved one! Some guidance to limit Covid-19 exposure:
As of August 11, 2021, the California Department of Public Health issued the following order relative to indoor visitation for ALL CALIFORNIA SNFS.
- The visitor must verify full vaccination status*
- For unvaccinated or incompletely vaccinated visitors, visitors must verify documentation of a negative Covid test taken within 72 hours before the desired indoor visit.
Some additional facility policies regarding visitation include the following:
- Limitations: Visits will be limited to once daily per resident for one hour between the hours of 10 am – 6 pm on weekdays and 10 am – 5 pm on weekends. Only one visit per resident room at a time – up to two visitors are allowed. In-room visits can occur for fully vaccinated visitors and residents. For non-vaccinated visitors and residents, we will accommodate visits in the lobby – tables and chairs will be set up to accommodate. If your fully vaccinated loved one is in a room that already has two visitors, you have three options; You can instead have a lobby visit, wait, or come back later.
- Safety precautions: All visitors must check in before a visit to get their temperature checked and fill out the screening form, attesting no symptoms or exposure and vaccination status. Check-in at the front door only between 10 am- 6 pm on weekdays and 10 am – 5 pm on weekends. Please bring copies of your vaccination cards (required), so we can keep them on file. All visitors must remain masked, with a minimum of a surgical mask. Those visiting the precautionary yellow zone must wear N95 masks and eye protection, then full PPE before entering rooms. Six feet must be maintained throughout ALL visits (except for brief contact between vaccinated persons according to CDPH guidelines). Visitors must go directly from the entrance to visiting area, then back to the exit.
- Respect: We are excited for you to see your loved one again! Despite the California mandate and seemingly restrictive policies, having an atmosphere of love and respect is a critical component of your loved one’s wellbeing. Please bring kindness, gratitude, and humility and work with us to continue to care through this evolving situation.
* Acceptable Proof of Vaccination:
- Actual Covid-19 vaccination card, or
- Picture photo of vaccination card, or
- Photo of vaccination record cad stored on a phone or electronic device, or
- Documentation of Covid-19 vaccination from a health care provider, or
- Digital record that incudes scannable QR code to prove verification (you can scan QR code @ facility and verify